Aug 21st 1986 - Jan 29th 2022

"I don't know how else to say it.

Don't want to see my parents go."

But they did...

Two months ago...

Aug 21st 1986 - Jan 29th 2022

-

When I was a younger man, I lived in Alaska.

I would tell people how much my family meant to me.

I described the meaning of life in terms of family.

I couldn't wait to come home and join my family again.

When I returned, everything was different.

Dad was angry, mom was crazy, and they hated each other.

We were all scheduled to take a family photo when I came home, but it never happened.

The last time I cried was in a McDonalds parking lot.

Three years ago.

Mourning the inevitable loss of my family.

I knew it was over.

Three years later,

 I don't know my parents anymore.

I don't know who I am anymore.

I don't have a family.

They broke up... like the Beatles...two months ago

Now I live a fiercely independent life.

I speak to nobody.

I don't cry anymore.

I live in a city isolated from everyone I know.

I can sit for many days in silence.

I'm a man now, who lives as a man should.

In complete silence.

Without emotion.

I haven't spoken a word

To a single soul

about how much I miss my family

and how it tortures me daily

to live in silence

knowing that I'm alone in this world.

Who would hear me?

-

I'm not allowed to feel anything.

I'm not allowed to miss my family.

I'm not allowed to cry.

I can't tell anybody how I feel.

So I sit, in complete silence.

As a man should. 

-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmfyBnVNCn0

No comments:

Post a Comment