“Harvest Moon” is just a song

Trembling under that moon.
That harvest moon?
Feet in the december water but I was warm as I’d ever been.
That moon stole my fairytale away.
I’ll never love that deeply again.
Not because another woman isnt out there...
But because I thought I found her once before...
And she traded us for them.

Trust is just a word now.
Love is just a word now.
Feelings remain alive in me...
But theyre just feelings.
I’ve been burned by that fire before.
It still burns...
But I’d rather wander away in the woods and howl at that moon.
My fairytale is over.
No love is true.
No trust will last.
Life is suffering.
Its okay.
I’m happier on my own...
Because at least I lie to myself less.

My dreams are still haunted by it.
Like my conscious  self is over it, but my subconcsience is still really sick.
Like Mol in Inception.
She shows up in every other dream.
Just to fuck with me.
Its like every other day I have to get over it again.
Every morning is spent processing my dreams.
Dreams I wish would have been true.
Dreams I’m absolutely disgusted by.
Either way they leave me in a funk.

Loneliness and love are intense emotions.
She was my sweetheart... but that didnt mean enough to her I guess




1 comment:

  1. https://open.spotify.com/track/73YUReisjb3A9ActdLLjJQ?si=QojeDL_1TcuG8_EdrDm7Bw

    ReplyDelete